It will depend on where your ancestor died, but you can glean a wealth of useful information for your family history.
Some records of death, as well as the date, can contain:
- Time of death.
- Cause of death.
- Place of death.
- The registrar’s informant and their relationship to the deceased.
- Occupation of the deceased.
- Deceased’s wife/husband.
- Deceased parent and possibly their occupations.
- Certifying person and their qualifications.
- Registrar/Assistant Registrar.
It’s worth the diligence and can help unlock doors, it can give context to the deceased’s life.
A mine of information.
Get in touch for your family history research.
Get in touch:
Phone: 0044 7305733850